Oil Dedicated to Blessed Anna Rosa Gattorno
She was born in Genoa on 14 October 1841 into a deeply Christian. Well-to-do family of good name. Blessed Anna Rosa Gattorno was baptized the same day in the parish of S. Donato and received the names Rosa, Maria, Benedetta.
The succession of so many sad events in her life marked a radical change which she called her “conversion”. To the total gift of herself to the Lord, to his love and to love of neighbour. Purified by her trials and strengthened in spirit. She understood the true meaning of pain and confirmed in the certainty of her new vocation.
In 1862, she received the gift of hidden stigmata, perceived most intensely on Fridays.
The Catholic associations in Genoa competed for her. Although she loved silence and concealment. Her genuinely evangelising way of life remarked by all.
Progressing on this path, she made president of the “Pious Union of the New Ursulines Daughters of Holy Mary Immaculate”. Founded by Frassinetti. And entrusted with the revision of the Rule destined for the Union. At the express wish of Archbishop Charvaz. On that precise occasion. Redoubling her prayers to Christ Crucified, she received the inspiration for a new Rule. Her own specific Foundation.