Oil Dedicated to Blessed Sr Camélia Lohier
Oil Dedicated to Blessed Sr Camélia Lohier from A Blessed Call To Love.
Marie Françoise Camélia Lohier was very young when she met Fr. Farnèse Louis-Charles who arrived as pastor in Marbial in November 1939. She was 12 years old and was preparing to make her first communion. Born in Fond Melon on May 15, 1927 to Anita Africot and Dougé Lohier, both farmers. The first of a family of five girls and three boys, she was baptized on August 30, 1927, on the feast of Saint Rose of Lima.
She confided to the young priest her plan not to marry and placed herself under his direction. Nine years later, when Fr. Louis-Charles spoke to her about founding a religious congregation to help the peasants spiritually, morally and materially. She accepted the invitation and carried with him this happy initiative, which definitely oriented towards consecrated life, followed by her little sister. They became the first nucleus of the foundation on December 14, 1948.
After ensuring the government and the formation of her congregation from 1955 to 1971, she became responsible for the community of Sisters at the Grand Séminaire Notre-Dame (Section of theology, in Turgeau) from 1974 to 1976 then Founder and responsible for the Fraternity of Marbial from 1976 to 1986. In 1986, she joined the fraternity of Pèlerin II (Pétion-Ville) where she died on June 18, 1987. She buried in the cemetery of the Little Sisters in Rivière Froide.