Oil Dedicated to Rosella Staltari
Rosella Staltar began in 1951 in Calabria, one of the poorest regions of Southern Italy.
The poverty of her family worsened that same year when the Region was hit by heavy flooding, but it was above all the sudden death of Rosella’s mother that left a deep mark on her family’s life and above all on her own life.
The life in that Orphanage was really a cross for Rosella, but a cross that she was able to carry by her profound love for Jesus and the Blessed Virgin Mary.
When she was fourteen, to be able to attend the high school, Rosella transferred to the Institute Maria Mater Gratiae, in Reggio Calabria, run by our Congregation, the Daughters of Mary Co- Redemptrix.
On 2nd July 1973, following the example of the Virgin Co-Redemptrix. Rosella made her religious profession and gave herself forever to God, according to the Charism of the Congregation. So that through the ministerial mission of the Priesthood, people might welcome with open heart the grace of Our Lord.
After this final step of her consecration. Rosella’s life opened itself to the radiant light of the never-ending search for the Lord’s beauty and for humble and loving service, above all to those most in need of care and comfort. She remained faithful to this commitment until the end of her life.
With great will power, Rosella allowed grace to triumph in her. She never sought to noticed by anyone. But wished rather to at the silent service of all, giving herself spontaneously with complete dedication.